A microsite is defined as a separate web page or lesser collection of pages, which are meant to function as a detached entity within a website. These sites are usually used in web design, linked to the main page to add a particular collection of material either editorial or customary. Here are five examples I think are awesome example of how to utilize a microsite:
- http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/better-world (Nike) – active, innovative, athletic, user friendly, clean
- http://www.gomakeithappy.com/ (Coca-cola)- happiness, minimal,easy, fun, consumer friendly
- http://www.subservientchicken.com/ (Burger King)- funny, witty, cleaver, comical, visually appealing
- http://shareyourwings.com/ (Red Bull)-graphic, simple, stylistic, playful, easy
- https://www.apple.com// (Apple)- sleek, professional, simplistic, modern, minimal
They are very useful and informative. I really appreciate how interactive they are with the consumer by allowing individuals to take part in shaping and molding the brand through there various campaign efforts. I would definitely describe these sites as innovative, consumer friendly, quality, informative, and lastly fun. They all sparked my interest which is great and design wise they are all extremely easy to use and their overall designs are very appealing to the eye I must say.